Sunday, October 7, 2007

Diana Tran 001

Optimus Prime by Adonihs on DeviantArt
Adonihs' Gallery


What I love most about DeviantArt is the amount of quality work that is submitted everyday. Adonihs is an artist I've had in my bookmarks since I discovered his piece "The Journey Begins". He is a digital artist who works mainly in Photoshop and creates absolutely jaw droppingly beautiful digital paintings. I put a link up to his Optimus Prime piece because I also want to show you that he does mostly fanart that relates to what is popular today and because of that, he is also a bit of a DeviantArt celebrity.

I'm still learning the art of "painting" in Photoshop but my work doesn't come near the detail of Adonihs' digital paintings. His most detailed pieces resemble renderings from a 3D Program. He also has an advanced photoshop tutorial in his gallery detailing how he crated his King Kong piece.

I think that this caliber of digital art pushes the limit of what Photoshop can do. A similar effect can be achieved if you're also well versed in 3D programs, but for 2d "purists" in the area of digital art, Adonihs is definitely someone to emulate.

No comments: